The Jefferson County Department of Health in Birmingham, Alabama is considering creating a Customer/Client Advisory Council or similar structure for bi-directional communication with those we serve through our health centers. In addition to core public health, we provide primary care services to our county's residents. We are seeking to learn from other health departments who current have or have had in the past Customer/Client Advisory Councils. Specifically, we are interested in learning:
1. What is or was the purpose of the Advisory Council?
2. How does or did the Advisory Council inform your health department's work?
3. How did or do you identify and select Advsiory Council members, and did or does your Advisory Council include health department patients?
4. What are the responsibilities of your Advisory Council members and any health department staff that support the Advisory Council?
5. How many Advisory Council members do you have and how large is the population you serve?
6. What is/has been your experience with your Advisory Council - the good, the bad and the the ugly?
7. If you would be willing to provide additional information, please contact me at email@example.com or call 205-930-1578.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Bryn Manzella, Director of Quality Improvement